Looking for new gear and clothing for your trip, shop at Orvis.com
• All guided fly fishing is catch and release. All fishing is done with a fly rod and reel, using only artificial flies as bait. No live bait, spinners or treble hooks of any kind. When fishing on the stillwaters all flies must be barbless or have the barbs crimped down. Please take pictures of your catch, but do it quickly and carefully so you do not harm the fish.
• Utah fishing license is included in your adventure package.
• We recommend lightweight breathable waders. You will also need a good pair of wading boots with non-slip soles, NO felt soles. If you choose to “wet wade” as many of our guests do, be sure to bring quick-drying synthetic shorts and undergarments. Waders and boots are included in your package if you don’t want to bring yours.
Float Tubes and Fins
• For stillwater fishing, we provide float tubes and fins at no extra charge.
• 8 1/2 or 9-foot five-weight rods are our favorites for their versatility, however, many of the smaller streams may be fished with shorter three and four-weights.
• The use of a complete Orvis fly fishing outfit is included in your package.
• All flies are included in your package.
• Vest, chest pack, or other preferred methods for keeping your fly fishing gear together
• Forceps or hemostats
All flies used on the stillwaters must be barbless or have the barbs crimped down.
Polarized sunglasses, insect repellent, brimmed hat, sunscreen, bandanna or buff, liquor, camera, prescriptions, and toiletries should be included in your packing.
For guides and special considerations are a matter of personal preference and are not included in the posted fees.
For the safety of your pets and as a courtesy to our guests, pets are not allowed in the lodge. Guest’s dogs are not to be left unattended in the canyon and no pets are allowed to accompany guests while fishing. We have four outdoor kennels available for hunting dogs.
Alcoholic Beverages: Due to state liquor license restrictions, we do not provide alcoholic beverages. You are welcome to bring your favorite beverage. We have refrigeration available for beer and wine and mixes for liquor. We will gladly serve your wine with dinner.